Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Freelancer Community Network

Olympus-TS

[SAS]

Author Topic: Rules  (Read 726 times)

Offline DW-Pegasus

• [SAS]
  • Cadet
    • View Profile
Rules
« on: February 21, 2016, 05:03:59 AM »
Hey Guys i miss the Folder "Rules" here so i would not Play Wild West after do this it come so much Complaints

Offline Nitro

• Administrator
  • Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Rules
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 05:19:09 AM »
We are working on setting that back up

Offline Zeus

• Administrator
  • Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 06:06:03 AM »
All,

Please post some rules you would like to see. Especially any Role Play rules. I don't have much experience with Role Play.

Zeus

Creator of Olympus - Home of the Gods

Know this, my son, you have started a war you cannot possibly win...
The fates have already deemed me victorious!

Offline Nitro

• Administrator
  • Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 08:49:11 AM »
myself and SAS spike are going to be in teamspeak tonight to hash out some general rules for the server. Anyone who has input on Role play rules or anything along those lines is free to join us in TS

Offline DW-Pegasus

• [SAS]
  • Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 10:55:43 AM »
My Idea is a no firing Zone from 15 k arround Bases and Planets and Jumpholes nobody want to come out and nuked in the same time.

And Talon dont do the same Thing  here what u have done at Nightstalkers Server..............dont be the Trublemaker here  only a idea for you.
Greetings Peg

Offline Zeus

• Administrator
  • Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 04:01:49 PM »
All,

First of all this is the Suggestions section of the forums, second this thread is to try and get some ideas about the rules we should have. So in no way is it a thread to flame each other or their ideas.

Post your "suggestions" and when we get a good list of them, I will look them over and discuss them with the SAS. Once that happens, Nightstalker and I will make the final decision on which of them to use or not or modify.

This is your chance to help define the rules for Olympus. It is not an opportunity to attack each over ideas. We all have opinions and should respect each other when they are expressed.

Zeus

:cylon-pancarte06:

Offline Nitro

• Administrator
  • Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 04:20:49 PM »
Suggestions:

Any player that is level 60 or lower is not to be fired upon until it is confirmed that the player has logged on at at least 2 separate days. not to be confused with hours! example: NBS-Nitro logs in new to destiny on Tuesday and stays level 60 or lower, Once NBS-Nitro logs in on Thursday he is fair game.

If you are going to accuse another player of cheating/modding outside the laws of Olympus you must bring it to an SAS with proof via screen shot. If you have no proof then cease your accusations, if you continue making false accusations then your players will be put in Hell for 24 hours.

Zero tolerance policy regarding Racial, Religious or otherwise offensive comments towards any player/admin on Olympus. Punishment for these actions will be up to Zeus/Nightstalker.

I will post more as i think them up.

-Nitro

Offline Zeus

• Administrator
  • Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 04:30:45 PM »
All,

I have the rules from the original Olympus and I can easily make those what we use. They are already to go and be listed on the web site and forums. So this is your chance to have input and make the new Olympus better. Also I need Role Playing rules as I never did that before. So let's work together to reach a compromise that everyone can have fun here.

:cylon-pancarte06:

Zeus

Offline Franklin_Drake

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 06:06:12 AM »
I'm no expert on rp but am experienced, I could help with the rules if you like.

Offline Franklin_Drake

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 06:16:01 AM »
the overriding rule in rp is that you cant see the character name, treat it like real life we don't walk around with name tags hovering over our heads. of course this is also the most well known rule even outside rp circles. in the sense of this game it also means ships from star wars area will not have data on battlestars and star trek ships wouldn't recognise a vorlon, ships outside your characters faction area are ufo's and need to be treated as such till you identify them. pvp combat is another obvious one, no shooting without warning. however warning should be appropriate, example a police ship might say "unidentified ship, you will submit to an inspection, cut your engines" pirate would be "hey what have we got here, scan looks good, hand over the loot if you want to leave here" bad example "stop or I shoot"

Offline Zeus

• Administrator
  • Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 08:25:14 AM »
Well let's start off with some basic rules. I'll put these out here for discussion;

Section 001 - Language used while on Olympus

1) Abusive language, remarks, or name calling that is an insult toward other players, The [SAS] or The Olympus Freelancer Complex in the forums, in-game via chat, or in other forums will not be tolerated.

We believe in players respecting each other no matter who they are. To be abusive to someone else means it has been done deliberately, and there is no way it can be done by accident or without thinking.

If someone is abusive toward you, then don't respond back with abusive language. Also do not try to handle the situation yourself. Just take a screenshot and contact the [SAS] per the procedures listed in Section - 009 of the Laws of Olympus.

Abusive language, lies, and false accusations directed at other players, the [SAS], or the Olympus Freelancer Complex, in the forums, in-game, or in other forums, will not be tolerated! When this becomes known to us, you will be banned for Life from the Olympus Complex!

Character names will not be abusive, in bad taste, harmful to others or the server, and they shall not contain someone else's character name in it. Use of a Clan's name is not permitted unless you have permission from that Clan's leadership. If the SAS inform you to change your character name, you will create another one that complies with our Laws immediately or be kicked from the server and have your character deleted.

Repeated attempts to create a character that does not comply with our Laws will be cause for banning from the servers.

2) Racist remarks are definitely not tolerated.

Anyone found making any racist remarks will be banned for life.

We have Admins and players who are gifted in many languages and we log what is being said in the chat channels...

3) Recruiting for other servers or trying to get players to leave Olympus.

Any recruiting for another server or trying to get players to leave Olympus while on the Olympus Complex servers via chat channels, character naming, TeamSpeak, or the forums is not allowed. Violation will result in the player being banned from the Olympus Complex for Life.

More coming tomorrow,

Zeus

Offline Franklin_Drake

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 05:23:45 PM »
May I suggest we (as in the sas) look to make some pvp rules, I know this is a pvp server but as it is also the only sever for this mod it needs to work with players who are not fans of pvp. my personal suggestion would be stop killing ppl just cause there in weapons range, this has actually happened to me, I was in a fighter and got nuked for flying past someone in a battleship or cruiser or something. Had I realised he was likely to attack on sight I would have gone the long way round (like if he had a [R] tag for rogue) this kind of tactic on other pvp servers is considered trolling and has gotten ppl banned. I'm not suggesting we go that far here (unless it gets out of hand) but there needs to be some ground rules

Offline Sterling Kerman

• Cadet
  • Rule of Acq. #35: Peace is good for business
    • View Profile
    • Le' Minecraft Nerds Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 05:33:53 PM »
May I suggest we (as in the sas) look to make some pvp rules, I know this is a pvp server but as it is also the only sever for this mod it needs to work with players who are not fans of pvp. my personal suggestion would be stop killing ppl just cause there in weapons range, this has actually happened to me, I was in a fighter and got nuked for flying past someone in a battleship or cruiser or something. Had I realised he was likely to attack on sight I would have gone the long way round (like if he had a [R] tag for rogue) this kind of tactic on other pvp servers is considered trolling and has gotten ppl banned. I'm not suggesting we go that far here (unless it gets out of hand) but there needs to be some ground rules

I made a post a while back about this topic; if you haven't already looked at it, here
http://eoi.homeofthegods.net/index.php?topic=119.0
Feed back might help it get implemented :)

Offline Kail

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 07:32:52 PM »
I would agree that pvp rules are a must as people are people and there are all types.
I love my fighters and if someone wants a fight I usually don't have a problem with it but so many just fly BS's because its the only way they can win in a fight. SO some rules are needed, I don't know about the in depth rule book that was just posted, but something simple.
like, if you kill someone and they ask to be left alone while they pass through, let them. I believe  most in game would even without the rule.
but someone might just be annoying and keep nuking you.

Offline Zeus

• Administrator
  • Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2016, 04:41:56 PM »
I am looking at the proposed rules. I want to discuss them with the rest of the SAS first.

But so far I am in favor of most of them.

Zeus

* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Select language:

Shout Box

January 05, 2017, 08:50:43 PM
Olympus had a "moving" issue today. It seems AT&T closed my account because someone at AT&T clicked on the wrong account number! UGH!!! 2hrs on Phone
December 27, 2016, 10:04:26 PM
Hi everyone, Olympus is now back on and running well. The switch over to my old ISP is complete and the connection is stable and good. I will be upgrading the speed in the next few days to 75 MB from
December 23, 2016, 09:32:22 AM
Tuesday Dec. 27, 2016 Olympus will be switching back to ATT as the ISP. The servers will be offline until I get everything switch over. This should solve the lag issues that I am having with Charter/S
November 14, 2016, 08:54:28 PM
Hi all, Let's get people on the Teamspeak server and start building the community again. Check the web site for TS details. http://olympus.homeofthegods.net
July 22, 2016, 06:01:36 AM
Shout Box cleaned up.

* Statistic

• *Total Members: 107
  • *Latest: Evixor

• *Total Posts: 431
  • *Total Topics: 104
  • *Online Today: 18
  • *Most Online: 115
(November 03, 2013, 02:39:38 AM)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 17